1.2
Turnaround Time

I recently purchased a CoverKing Stormproof cover through one if their authorized dealers. It cost about $475, which is not inexpensive. When I received it, I noticed it was just a single layer of polyester fabric. I immediately had concerns it will scratch my Rolls Royce Phantom. I contacted the reseller and they assured me it was not going to. I also checked the CoverKing website where they claimed it would not, but all this is false. This cover not only scratched my car, but it did that all over the entire body and ruined the entire paint finish.

The problem is where the seams are on the inside of the cover. These seams will rub back and forth on the paint until they leave abrasions all over the car, anywhere the seams touch the paint. This also happens along any hard edge your car may have that is in direct contact with the cover.

Furthermore, when the wind picks up the cover and makes parts of it flap around, the constant pounding the paint takes when the material is slapped against it creates all kinds of additional scratches.

I notified CoverKing of the issue and their head of customer support Daniel Erickson offered $200 to pay a “mobile detailer” to come fix it. Seriously? No mobile detailer is going to be able to properly compound out the scratches and do the necessary paint correction. All they are going to do is to cover it up with wax and other fillers and not fix the problem. When the wax wears down, the scratches will show up again. Even if they can fix it properly, they are going to charge way more than $200 for a paint job that costs tens of thousands of dollars on a car that is 19 feet long.

At this point, I urge everyone to carefully check their cars if they have this cover and I bet you will see the scratches I am detailing in this. If they are there, you should take whatever actions you can to make sure CoverKing fixes the problem for you. If you have not purchased anything from CoverKing, DON’T. Go find another car cover maker who will not misrepresent their products and who will take responsibility for their actions in damaging your car.

I took the car to a shop that deals with high end paint finishes and they said it was so bad, it’s going to take them 5 working days and $1,200 to fix it. In fact, they said two spots may be too damaged to even fix.

So, DON’T BUY FROM COVERKING and if their products have damaged your car, go after them. They can’t false advertise like this, damage cars we worked hard to get, and just ignore the responsibility to make things right.

Reason of review: Caused $1200 worth of damage ($2,691.02 including price for cover). False advertising on product!.

Preferred solution: Full refund for cover and full payment to properly repair damaged paint..

I didn't like: False advertising.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 11.

Comments